1 800 222 6872

Franz Joseph Haydn - Suprise and Farewell

Album Summary

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Trumpet in E flat major, H 7e no 1
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Creation, H 21 no 2
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quartet for Strings in D minor, Op. 76 no 2/H 3 no 76 "Quinten"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quartet for Strings in C major, Op. 76 no 3/H 3 no 77 "Emperor"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Cello no 2 in D major, Op 101/H 7b no 2
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello in G major, H 15 no 25
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 58 in C major, H 16 no 48
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 82 in C major, H 1 no 82 "The Bear"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Missa in Tempore belli, for soloists, chorus, organ & orchestra in C major ("Paukenmesse"), H. 22/9
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 45 in F sharp minor, H 1 no 45 "Farewell"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise" :: Andante
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Ensemble: Cleveland Orchestra
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Trumpet in E flat major, H 7e no 1 :: Finale
  • Performer: Wynton Marsalis (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
  • Notes: St. Giles Church, Cripplegate, London, England (02/17/1993-02/23/1993)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1796

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Creation, H 21 no 2 :: Die Himmel
  • Performers: Judith Raskin (Soprano); Alexander Young (Tenor); John Reardon (Baritone)
  • Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
  • Ensemble: Camerata Singers
  • Notes: Philharmonic Hall, Lincoln Center, New York, NY (05/17/1966-05/20/1966)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1798

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quartet for Strings in D minor, Op. 76 no 2/H 3 no 76 "Quinten" :: Allegro
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Quartet for Strings in C major, Op. 76 no 3/H 3 no 77 "Emperor"
  • Running Time: 7 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1797

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Concerto for Cello no 2 in D major, Op 101/H 7b no 2 :: Allegro
  • Performer: Yo-Yo Ma (Cello)
  • Conductor: Jose-Luis Garcia
  • Notes: CBS Studios, London, England (10/08/1979-10/15/1979)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1783

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello in G major, H 15 no 25 :: Adagio
  • Conductor: Derek Solomons
  • Ensemble: L'Estro Armonico
  • Notes: Composition written: 1768.
  • Running Time: 10 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1768

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Sonata for Keyboard no 58 in C major, H 16 no 48
  • Performer: Emanuel Ax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 82 in C major, H 1 no 82 "The Bear" :: Menuetto
  • Conductor: Esa-Pekka Salonen
  • Ensemble: Stockholm Chamber Orchestra
  • Notes: Berwald Hall, Stockholm, Sweden (08/08/1989-08/11/1989)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1786

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 102 in B flat major, H 1 no 102 :: Finale
  • Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
  • Ensemble: New York Philharmonic
  • Notes: Composition written: 1794.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1794

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Missa in Tempore belli, for soloists, chorus, organ & orchestra in C major ("Paukenmesse"), H. 22/9
  • Performer: Geoffrey Lancaster (Organ)
  • Conductor: Weil Bruno
  • Ensemble: Tölz Boys Choir
  • Notes: Stadtpfarrkirche Bad Tolz, Bad Tölz, Germany (08/31/1995-09/01/1995)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1796

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 45 in F sharp minor, H 1 no 45 "Farewell" :: Finale
  • Conductor: Weil Bruno
  • Ensemble: Tafelmusik
  • Notes: Glenn Gould Studio, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (04/27/1993-05/03/1993)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1772