- Boris Christoff (Bass)
- Carlo Badioli (Bass)
- Ornella Rovero (Soprano)
- Pina Malgarini (Voice)
- Teresa Berganza (Voice)
- Alfredo Nobile (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
The title role of this opera based on the comic yet touching story of Don Quixote was created for the legendary bass Feodor Chaliapin, who recorded the final scene decades ago. This 1958 live performance of the complete opera stars Chaliapin's acknowledged successor in his greatest role: the Bulgarian bass Boris Christoff, along with the famed Spanish soprano Teresa Berganza.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Schubert, Schoenberg, et al / Lucia Popp
Meyerbeer: Les Huguenots / Sutherland, Corelli, et al
Meyerbeer: Le Prophète / Horne, Gedda, Lewis, et al
Scarlatti: La Griselda / Sanzogno, Freni, Alva, Panerai
Meyerbeer: Roberto il Diavolo / Sanzogno, Christoff, et al
Mozart: Favourite Works for Piano / Alfred Brendel
Schubert: Complete Piano Sonatas / Michael Endres, piano [10 CDs]
Works DetailsMassenet, Jules : Don Quichotte, opera in 5 acts
- Performers: Boris Christoff (Bass); Carlo Badioli (Bass); Ornella Rovero (Soprano); Pina Malgarini (Voice); Teresa Berganza (Voice); Alfredo Nobile (Tenor)
- Conductor: Alfredo Simonetto
- Ensemble: Italian Radio Chorus Milan
- Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta