1 800 222 6872

Essential Bach

Audio Samples

  1. Toccata (from Toccata & Fugue in D Minor), BWV 565 - Transcription: Leopold Stokowski (1882-1977) $1.29 on iTunes
  2. Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air $1.29 on iTunes
  3. Prelude and Fugue in C (WTK, Book I, No.1), BWV 846: Prelude $1.29 on iTunes
  4. Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G, BWV 1049: 1. Allegro $1.29 on iTunes
  5. Aria Mit 30 Veränderungen, BWV 988 "Goldberg Variations": Aria $1.29 on iTunes
  6. Violin Concerto No. 1 in a Minor, BWV 1041: 1. (Allegro Moderato) $1.29 on iTunes
  7. Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings, and Continuo No. 4 in A, BWV 1055: 1. (Allegro) $1.29 on iTunes
  8. Suite for Cello Solo No. 3 in C, BWV 1009: 5. Bourrée I/II $1.29 on iTunes
  9. Concerto for 2 Harpsichords, Strings, and Continuo in C Minor, BWV 1060: 2. Adagio $1.29 on iTunes
  10. Mass in B Minor, BWV 232: Crucifixus $1.29 on iTunes
  11. Suite for Cello Solo No. 1 in G, BWV 1007: 1. Prélude $1.29 on iTunes
  12. French Suite No. 5 in G, BWV 816: 7. Gigue $1.29 on iTunes
  13. Prelude for Lute in C Minor, BWV 999 - Transcription for Guitar in D Minor $1.29 on iTunes
  14. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D, BWV 1050: 3. Allegro $1.29 on iTunes
  15. St. Matthew Passion, BWV 244: No. 68 Chorus I/II: "Wir Setzen Uns Mit Tränen Nieder" $1.29 on iTunes
  16. Brandenburg Concerto No .2 in F, BWV 1047: 1. (Allegro) $1.29 on iTunes
  17. Concerto for 2 Violins, Strings, and Continuo In D Minor, BWV 1043: 2. Largo Ma Non Tanto $1.29 on iTunes
  18. Suite In e for Lute, BWV 1006a/1000: 1. Praeludium $1.29 on iTunes
  19. Was Mir Behagt, Ist Nur Die Muntre Jagd, Cantata BWV 208: Schafe Können Sicher Weiden (Sheep May Safely Graze) $1.29 on iTunes
  20. Sonata for Cello and Continuo No.3 In G Minor, BWV 1029: 2. Adagio $1.29 on iTunes
  21. Italian Concerto In F, BWV 971: 1. (Allegro) $1.29 on iTunes
  22. Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248: No. 10 Sinfonia $1.29 on iTunes
  23. Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, BWV 1041: 2. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  24. Partita No. 1 in B Flat, BWV 825: 6. Gigue $1.29 on iTunes
  25. Suite No .2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: 6. Menuet $1.29 on iTunes
  26. Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: 7. Badinerie $1.29 on iTunes
  27. Concerto for Oboe, Strings, and Continuo in F, BWV 1053: 2. Siciliano $1.29 on iTunes
  28. Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G, BWV 1048: 1. (Allegro) $1.29 on iTunes
  29. Partita for Violin Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004: 1. Allemande $1.29 on iTunes
  30. Partita for Violin Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004: 4. Giga $1.29 on iTunes
  31. Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings, and Continuo No. 2 in E, BWV 1053: 1. (Allegro) $1.29 on iTunes
  32. Cantata No.22 "Jesus Nahm Zu Sich Die Zwölfe", BWV 22: "Sanctify Us" $1.29 on iTunes
  33. Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings, and Continuo No. 5 in F Minor, BWV 1056: 2. Largo $1.29 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1055
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1009
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for Lute in C minor, BWV 999
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Lute in E major, BWV 1006a
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Harpsichord no 3 in G minor, BWV 1029
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in E major, BWV 1053
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 22, "Jesus nahm zu sich die Zwölfe," BWV 22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Organ no 2 in A minor, BWV 593 (after Vivaldi)
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565 :: Toccata
  • Conductor: Seiji Ozawa
  • Ensemble: Boston Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air
  • Performer: Thurston Dart (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1) :: Prelude in C major
  • Performer: Marisa Robles (Harp)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049 :: Mvt. 1, Allegro
  • Performers: Jose-Luis Garcia (Violin); David Munrow (Recorder); John Turner (Recorder)
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 7 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9) :: Aria
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
  • Conductor: Raymond Agoult
  • Ensemble: New Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 5 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052 :: Mvt. 1, Allegro Moderato
  • Performers: Salvatore Accardo (Violin); Christopher Middleton (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesus bleibet meine Freude (J
  • Conductor: Karl Munchinger
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1055 :: Mvt. 1, Allegro
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Cello solo no 3 in C major, BWV 1009 :: Bourée I & Bourée II
  • Performer: Pepe Romero (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060 :: Mvt. 2, A
  • Performers: Carmel Kaine (Violin); Tess Miller (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1921

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232 :: Crucifixus
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007 :: Praeludium
  • Performer: János Starker (Cello)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816 :: Gigue
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude for Lute in C minor, BWV 999
  • Performer: Eduardo Fernández (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050 :: Allegro
  • Performers: Richard Adeney (Flute); Jose-Luis Garcia (Violin)
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Chorus
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047 :: Mvt. 1, Allegro
  • Performers: Pina Carmirelli (Violin); Italo Colandrea (Violin); Michael Copley (Recorder); Heinz Holliger (Oboe); Antonio Perez (Violin); Guy Touvron (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043 :: Mvt. 2, Largo, ma non ta
  • Performers: Maurice Hasson (Violin); Henryk Szeryng (Violin)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Lute in E major, BWV 1006a :: Prelude
  • Performer: Eduardo Fernández (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736-1737

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208 :: Schafe können sicher weiden
  • Conductor: Karl Munchinger
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 02/23/1713

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Harpsichord no 3 in G minor, BWV 1029 :: Mvt. 2, Adagio (excerpt)
  • Performers: György Sebök (Piano); János Starker (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7) :: Mvt. 1, Allegr
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1735.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248 :: Pastoral sinfonia
  • Conductor: Karl Munchinger
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052 :: Mvt. 2, Andante
  • Performers: Salvatore Accardo (Violin); Christopher Middleton (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825
  • Performer: Eduardo Fernández (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: Menuet
  • Performer: William Bennett (Flute)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 1 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: Badinerie
  • Performer: William Bennett (Flute)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R :: Siciliano
  • Performer: Heinz Holliger (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Iona Brown
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1955

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048 :: Mvt. 1, Allegro
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 5 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004 :: Allemande
  • Performer: Kyung-Wha Chung (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004 :: Gigue
  • Performer: Kyung-Wha Chung (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in E major, BWV 1053
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 22, "Jesus nahm zu sich die Zwölfe," BWV 22 :: Ertöt' uns durch dein' Güte (Sanct
  • Performer: Alicia De Larrocha (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 02/07/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056 :: Mvt. 2, Largo
  • Performer: Raymond Leppard (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: English Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Organ no 2 in A minor, BWV 593 (after Vivaldi) :: Mvt. 1,
  • Performer: Wolfgang Rübsam (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714