1 800 222 6872

Essential Mozart - 32 of his Greatest Masterpieces

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Quintet for Clarinet and Strings in A major, K 581
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Ave verum corpus
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Laudate Dominum
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute & Harp, K. 299 in C major
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Cosi fan tutte, K 588
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 39 in E flat major, K 543
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Horn no 4 in E flat major, K. 495
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Contradances (5), K 609
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : German Dances (3), K 605
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 23 in A major, K 488
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Divertimento for 2 horns & strings in F major "A Musical Joke", K 522
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 15 in C major ("Sonata semplice") K. 545
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), K. 620
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Clarinet in A major, K. 622
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Gran Partita
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Violin no 3 in G major, K. 216
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Requiem for soloists, chorus, and orchestra, K. 626
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Litaniae de venerabili altaris sacramento, for soloists, chorus & orchestra, K. 243
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 11 in A major, K 331 (300i)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Divertimento for 2 Horns and Strings no 17 in D major, K 334
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Exsultate jubilate, K 165 (158a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Eine Kleine Nachtmusik :: Allegro
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields
  • Running Time: 5 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1787

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467 :: Andante
  • Performer: Radu Lupu (Piano)
  • Conductor: Uri Segal
  • Running Time: 7 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1785

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492 :: Voi che sapete
  • Performer: Cecilia Bartoli (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: György Fischer
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Quintet for Clarinet and Strings in A major, K 581 :: Largetto
  • Performers: Hubert Kroisamer (Violin); Fritz Dolezal (Cello); Werner Hink (Violin); Peter Schmidl (Clarinet)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1789

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Ave verum corpus
  • Performer: James Vivian (Organ)
  • Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Laudate Dominum :: Laudate Dominum
  • Performer: Emma Kirkby (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1780

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute & Harp, K. 299 in C major :: Andantino
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Frances Kelly (Harp)
  • Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
  • Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music (UK)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Così fan tutte, K 588 :: Trio
  • Performers: Anne von Otter (Mezzo Soprano); Renée Fleming (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1790

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 39 in E flat major, K 543 :: Andante con moto
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 7 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Horn no 4 in E flat major, K. 495 :: Rondo
  • Performer: Barry Tuckwell (Horn)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni :: Serenade
  • Performer: Bryn Terfel (Voice)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1787

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Contradances (5), K 609
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Ensemble: Vienna Mozart Ensemble
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : German Dances (3), K 605
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Ensemble: Vienna Mozart Ensemble
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 23 in A major, K 488 :: Adagio
  • Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Divertimento for 2 horns & strings in F major "A Musical Joke", K 522
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Ensemble: Vienna Mozart Ensemble
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1787

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550 :: Molto allegro
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 7 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 15 in C major ("Sonata semplice") K. 545
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), K. 620 :: Queen of the Night aria, Der Hölle Rache
  • Performer: Sumi Jo (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Clarinet in A major, K. 622 :: Adagio
  • Performer: Franklin Cohen (Clarinet)
  • Conductor: Christoph Dohnányi
  • Running Time: 7 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni :: Là ci darem la mano
  • Performers: Cecilia Bartoli (Mezzo Soprano); Bryn Terfel (Voice)
  • Conductor: Myung-Whun Chung
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1787

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Gran Partita :: Adagio
  • Conductor: Jack Brymer
  • Ensemble: Winds of the London Symphony Orchestra (Winds)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), K. 620 :: Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja
  • Performer: Hermann Prey (Voice)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492 :: Dove sono
  • Performer: Kiri Te Kanawa (Voice)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 4 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1786

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Violin no 3 in G major, K. 216 :: Adagio
  • Performer: Joshua Bell (Violin)
  • Conductor: Peter Maag
  • Running Time: 8 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1775

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Requiem for soloists, chorus, and orchestra, K. 626 :: Lacrimosa
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Litaniae de venerabili altaris sacramento, for soloists, chorus & orchestra, K. 243
  • Performer: Margaret Marshall (Soprano)
  • Conductor: George Guest
  • Running Time: 7 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 11 in A major, K 331 (300i) :: Rondo alla turca
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1783.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1783

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni :: Champagne aria
  • Performer: Bryn Terfel (Voice)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1787

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Divertimento for 2 Horns and Strings no 17 in D major, K 334 :: Minuet & Trio
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Ensemble: Vienna Mozart Ensemble
  • Notes: Composition written: 1779.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Exsultate jubilate, K 165 (158a) :: Alleluja
  • Performer: Leontyne Price (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1773

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter" :: Finale
  • Conductor: Sir Solti
  • Running Time: 6 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788