- Roland Wood
- Paul Clarke (Tenor)
- Frances Brett
- D'Arcy Bleiker (Baritone)
- Ann Taylor (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Gregory Yurisich (Bass Baritone)
- Clive Bayley (Bass)
- Simon Birchall
- Cheryl Barker (Soprano)
- Jean Rigby (Mezzo Soprano)
- Stuart Kale (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
An accomplished cast of world-renowned singers performs one of the world's best-loved operas. Paul Charles Clarke, who takes the role of Pinkerton in this recording, received great critical acclaim for his portrayal of the title role in Chandos' release of Gounod's 'Faust.' This mid-priced release continues the popular catalog of Opera in English on Chandos.
A clear recommendation for those wanting Butterfly in English; even those who don't will find Abel's handling of the score absorbing from first to last" Gramophone Magazine
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Madama Butterfly
- Performers: Roland Wood; Paul Clarke (Tenor); Frances Brett; D'Arcy Bleiker (Baritone); Ann Taylor (Mezzo-Soprano); Gregory Yurisich (Bass Baritone); Clive Bayley (Bass); Simon Birchall; Cheryl Barker (Soprano); Jean Rigby (Mezzo Soprano); Stuart Kale (Tenor)
- Conductor: Yves Abel
- Ensemble: Geoffrey Mitchell Choir
- Notes: Blackheath Halls, London, England (12/13/2000-12/17/2000)
- Running Time: 38 min. 50 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1904