- Jean Rigby (Mezzo Soprano)
- Roland Wood
- Gregory Yurisich (Bass Baritone)
- Ann Taylor (Mezzo-Soprano)
- D'Arcy Bleiker (Baritone)
- Frances Brett
- Simon Birchall
- Stuart Kale (Tenor)
- Paul Clarke (Tenor)
- Clive Bayley (Bass)
- Cheryl Barker (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
An accomplished cast of world-renowned singers performs one of the world's best-loved operas. Paul Charles Clarke, who takes the role of Pinkerton in this recording, received great critical acclaim for his portrayal of the title role in Chandos' release of Gounod's 'Faust.' This mid-priced release continues the popular catalog of Opera in English on Chandos.
A clear recommendation for those wanting Butterfly in English; even those who don't will find Abel's handling of the score absorbing from first to last" Gramophone Magazine
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Madama Butterfly
- Performers: Stuart Kale (Tenor); Paul Clarke (Tenor); Clive Bayley (Bass); Cheryl Barker (Soprano); Jean Rigby (Mezzo Soprano); Roland Wood; Gregory Yurisich (Bass Baritone); Ann Taylor (Mezzo-Soprano); D'Arcy Bleiker (Baritone); Frances Brett; Simon Birchall
- Conductor: Yves Abel
- Ensemble: Geoffrey Mitchell Choir
- Notes: Blackheath Halls, London, England (12/13/2000-12/17/2000)
- Running Time: 38 min. 50 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1904