Notes & Reviews:
"Few works stare into the abyss with such chilling candour as Shostakovich's 14th Symphony. Yet listening to its brilliantly conceived sequence of vocal settings is by no means a depressing experience, particularly if the performance is delivered with conviction, sensitivity andan acute awareness of dramatic pacing. Such qualities are very much in evidence here... Wigglesworth delivers an exceptionally coherent interpretation supported by fine and idiomatic singing..." -BBC Music
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsShostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 14 for soprano, bass, strings & percussion, Op. 135
- Performers: Joan Rodgers (Soprano); John Tomlinson (Bass)
- Conductor: Mark Wigglesworth
- Ensemble: BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Notes: St. George's, Brandon Hill, Bristol, England (03/18/1999-03/19/1999)
- Running Time: 55 min. sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Vocal
- Written: 1969