- Georg Wieter (Bass)
- Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano)
- Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone)
- Kathe Nentwig (Voice)
- Franz Klarwein (Tenor)
- Hans Hotter (Voice)
- Julius Patzak (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
A "forgotten composer" today to the general public, Hans Pfitzner (1869-1949) composed one opera considered a great work by many connoisseurs: Palestrina, based on the life of the Renaissance composer Pfitzner most admired. It has had few recordings, and this definitive performance with great singers of the era has never been available at budget price before. Live performance, 1951.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPfitzner, Hans : Palestrina
- Performers: Georg Wieter (Bass); Katja Sabo (Mezzo Soprano); Ferdinand Frantz (Bass Baritone); Kathe Nentwig (Voice); Franz Klarwein (Tenor); Hans Hotter (Voice); Julius Patzak (Tenor)
- Conductor: Robert Heger
- Ensemble: Bavarian State Opera Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1911-15.
- Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1911-1915