1 800 222 6872

Schubert: Violin Works / Gidon Kremer

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in A minor, D 385/Op. 137 no 2
>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in G minor, D 408/Op 137 no 3
>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in D major, D 384/Op 137 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Piano in B minor, D 895/Op. 70 "Rondo Brillant"
>Schubert, Franz : Sonata for Violin and Piano in A major, D 574/Op. 162
>Schubert, Franz : Fantasy for Violin and Piano in C major, D 934/Op. 159
>Schubert, Franz : Introduction and variations op. 160
>Schubert, Franz : Polonaise for violin & string orchestra in B flat major, D. 580
>Schubert, Franz : German Dances (5) & Trios (7) with Coda, for string quartet, D. 90
>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Strings in A major, D 438
>Schubert, Franz : Minuets (5) and Trios (6) for string quartet , D. 89
>Schubert, Franz : Konzertstuck for violin & orchestra in D major, D. 345
>Ernst, Heinrich Wilhelm : Grand Caprice for solo Violin on Schubert's "Erlkönig", Op. 26
>Liszt, Franz : Soirees de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (III; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6iii
>Schubert, Franz : Octet for Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon and Strings in F major, D 803/Op. 166
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"Gidon Kremer and Valery Afanassiev enter a hotly contested area with this new release of works for violin and piano by Schubert, and they emerge as clear leaders in the field... none [of their rivals] can approach the Russian duo in terms of their stylistic awareness and affinity with the hidden aspects of the Schubertian genre." -Gramophone



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in A minor, D 385/Op. 137 no 2
  • Performers: Oleg Maisenberg (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in G minor, D 408/Op 137 no 3
  • Performers: Oleg Maisenberg (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 04/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in D major, D 384/Op 137 no 1
  • Performers: Oleg Maisenberg (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Piano in B minor, D 895/Op. 70 "Rondo Brillant"
  • Performers: Valery Afanassiev (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Schubert, Franz : Sonata for Violin and Piano in A major, D 574/Op. 162
  • Performers: Valery Afanassiev (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/1817

>Schubert, Franz : Fantasy for Violin and Piano in C major, D 934/Op. 159
  • Performers: Valery Afanassiev (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 12/1827

>Schubert, Franz : Introduction and variations op. 160
  • Performers: Oleg Maisenberg (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 18 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/1824

>Schubert, Franz : Polonaise for violin & string orchestra in B flat major, D. 580
  • Performer: Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 09/1817

>Schubert, Franz : German Dances (5) & Trios (7) with Coda, for string quartet, D. 90
  • Performers: Gabrielle Lester (Violin); Diemut Poppen (Viola); Gidon Kremer (Violin); Richard Lester (Cello)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/19/1813

>Schubert, Franz : Rondo for Violin and Strings in A major, D 438
  • Performer: Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 06/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Minuets (5) and Trios (6) for string quartet , D. 89
  • Performers: Gabrielle Lester (Violin); Diemut Poppen (Viola); Gidon Kremer (Violin); Richard Lester (Cello)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/19/1813

>Schubert, Franz : Konzertstück for violin & orchestra in D major, D. 345
  • Performer: Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: ?1816

>Ernst, Heinrich Wilhelm : Grand Caprice for solo Violin on Schubert's "Erlkönig", Op. 26
  • Performer: Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (III; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6iii
  • Performers: Oleg Maisenberg (Piano); Gidon Kremer (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1883

>Schubert, Franz : Octet for Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon and Strings in F major, D 803/Op. 166
  • Performers: Radovan Vlatkovic (Horn); Klaus Thunemann (Bassoon); Isabelle van Keulen (Violin); Eduard Brunner (Clarinet); Alois Posch (Double Bass); David Geringas (Cello); Gidon Kremer (Violin); Tabea Zimmermann (Viola)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1824.
  • Running Time: 60 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1824