- Nicolai Ghiaurov (Voice)
- Piero de Palma (Tenor)
- Fiorenza Cossotto (Mezzo Soprano)
- Piero Cappuccilli (Baritone)
- Placido Domingo (Voice)
- Josella Ligi (Soprano)
- Martina Arroyo (Soprano)
- Luigi Roni (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
"Domingo has recorded Radames commercially four times, but I dare say that this performance, taped live in Munich in 1972 under the baton of Claudio Abbado, then head of La Scala and arguably the finest Verdi conductor at the time, overall is the most satisfying among the currently available recordings... Domingo sings Radames with a freshness, ardency, and eagerness that gives the impression that the drama is unfolding here for the first time. And his tone is golden... And getting back to Abbado, here, on tour with his La Scala forces, he's on fire, with the drama primary, the pacing ideal, and his entire cast a great ensemble. The "live" sound is very good. These CDs are mid-priced and come with full libretto. If I wanted one performance of this opera that had just about everything, this would be it." -Classics Today
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Aida, opera
- Performers: Nicolai Ghiaurov (Voice); Piero de Palma (Tenor); Fiorenza Cossotto (Mezzo Soprano); Piero Cappuccilli (Baritone); Placido Domingo (Voice); Josella Ligi (Soprano); Martina Arroyo (Soprano); Luigi Roni (Bass)
- Conductor: Claudio Abbado
- Ensemble: Milan Teatro alla Scala Chorus
- Notes: Composition written: 1871.
- Running Time: 121 min. 34 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1871