1 800 222 6872

The Parlour Grand - Piano Favorties from a Bygone Era

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/4 (Presto)
>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen no 7 ("Träumerei"), for piano, Op. 15/7
>Sinding, Christian : Rustle of Spring (Frühlingsrauchen), for piano, Op. 32/3
>Schutt, Eduard : Réverie, for piano
>Henselt, Adolf : Études caractéristiques (12) for piano, no 6, Were I a Bird, Op. 2/6
>Rubinstein, Anton : Soirées à Saint-Pétersbourg, Op. 44
>Liszt, Franz : Liebesträume, notturno for piano no 3 in A flat major ("O Lieb, so lang du lieben kannst"), S. 541/
>Elgar, Edward : Salut d'amour
>Karganoff, Genari : Arabesque
>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Menuet célèbre, humoresque de concert for piano in G major, Op. 14/1
>Massenet, Jules : Pièces de genre (10) for piano, Op. 10
>MacDowell, Edward : To a Wild Rose
>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Morceaux de fantaisies (5), Op. 3
>Dvorak, Antonin : Humoresques (8) for Piano, Op. 101/B 187
>Gottschalk, Louis M. : The Dying Poet, meditation for piano, D. 45 (RO 75)
>Gautier, Eugène : The Secret, for violin & piano
>Liszt, Franz : Ständchen, Leise flehen meine Lieder, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 957), S. 560/7 (LW
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 30 in A major ("Frühlingslied"), Op. 62/6
>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : España, album leaves (6) for piano, Op. 165, B. 37
>Bridge, Frank [Composer] : Sketches (3) for piano
>Daquin, Louis-Claude : Le Coucou, rondeau for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin, Suite no 3)
>Liadov, Anatole : Musical snuffbox, Op. 32
>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Christoph W. Gluck Dance of the Blessed Spirits
>Pierné, Gabriel : March of the Little Lead Soldiers, for orchestra/piano, Op. 14/6
>Godard, Benjamin : Au matin, for piano, Op. 83
>Chaminade, Cécile L. : Pas des écharpes (Scarf Dance), air de ballet for piano, Op. 37b/2
>Weber, Carl Maria von : Invitation to the Dance, in D flat major J 260/Op. 65
>Godowsky, Leopold : Triakontameron
>Thomé, Francis : Simple aveu, Op. 25
>Grainger, Percy : Country Gardens, folk song for piano (BFMS 22)
>Badarzewska, Tekla : The Prayer Granted, for piano
>Nevin, Ethelbert : Narcissus, Op. 13/4
>Lavallée, Calixa : Le Papillion, étude de concert for piano, Op 18
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

This two-CD set includes all the great music from The Parlour Grand Volume 1 and The Parlour Grand Volume 2. The music features piano favorites from the salon repertoire, including Beethoven's Für Elise and Frédéric Chopin's Valse in C Sharp Minor. These. Marquis Records.2005



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song without words, Op. 67/4 (Presto)
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 05/05/1845

>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen no 7 ("Träumerei"), for piano, Op. 15/7
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Sinding, Christian : Rustle of Spring (Frühlingsrauchen), for piano, Op. 32/3
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Schutt, Eduard : Réverie, for piano
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Henselt, Adolf : Études caractéristiques (12) for piano, no 6, Were I a Bird, Op. 2/6
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rubinstein, Anton : Soirées à Saint-Pétersbourg, Op. 44
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Liszt, Franz : Liebesträume, notturno for piano no 3 in A flat major ("O Lieb, so lang du lieben kannst"), S. 541/
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843-1850

>Elgar, Edward : Salut d'amour
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Karganoff, Genari : Arabesque
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.

>Paderewski, Ignace J. : Menuet célèbre, humoresque de concert for piano in G major, Op. 14/1
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887

>Massenet, Jules : Pièces de genre (10) for piano, Op. 10 :: Melodie
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>MacDowell, Edward : To a Wild Rose
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896

>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17 :: no 3
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1863

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Morceaux de fantaisies (5), Op. 3
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Dvorak, Antonin : Humoresques (8) for Piano, Op. 101/B 187
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Gottschalk, Louis M. : The Dying Poet, meditation for piano, D. 45 (RO 75)
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1863-1864

>Gautier, Eugène : The Secret, for violin & piano
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Liszt, Franz : Ständchen, Leise flehen meine Lieder, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 957), S. 560/7 (LW
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 30 in A major ("Frühlingslied"), Op. 62/6
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 06/01/1842

>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : España, album leaves (6) for piano, Op. 165, B. 37 :: Tango
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Bridge, Frank [Composer] : Sketches (3) for piano :: Rosemary
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Daquin, Louis-Claude : Le Coucou, rondeau for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin, Suite no 3)
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1735

>Liadov, Anatole : Musical snuffbox, Op. 32
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Christoph W. Gluck Dance of the Blessed Spirits
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Pierné, Gabriel : March of the Little Lead Soldiers, for orchestra/piano, Op. 14/6
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1887

>Godard, Benjamin : Au matin, for piano, Op. 83
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Chaminade, Cécile L. : Pas des écharpes (Scarf Dance), air de ballet for piano, Op. 37b/2
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Weber, Carl Maria von : Invitation to the Dance, in D flat major J 260/Op. 65
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1819

>Godowsky, Leopold : Triakontameron
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 08/08/1919.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 08/08/1919

>Thomé, Francis : Simple aveu, Op. 25
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Grainger, Percy : Country Gardens, folk song for piano (BFMS 22)
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908-1918

>Badarzewska, Tekla : The Prayer Granted, for piano
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Nevin, Ethelbert : Narcissus, Op. 13/4
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Lavallée, Calixa : Le Papillion, étude de concert for piano, Op 18
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
  • Performer: Robert Silverman (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1847