1 800 222 6872

An American Sampler - From Billings to Bolcom / Paul Sperry

Audio Samples

>Talma, Louise : Pied Beauty
>Schuman, William : Orpheus and his Lute
>Weisgall, Hugo : My Sweet Old Etcetera
>Lauridsen, Morten : When frost moves fast
>Weill, Kurt : Walt Whitman Songs (4)
>     Dirge for two veterans
>Dougherty, Celius : Love in the dictionary
>Weber, Ben : Mourn! Mourn!
>Bolcom, William : Cabaret Songs (12), Vol 1 and 2
>     no 12, George
>     no 4, Waitin'
>Duke, John Woods : Bells in the rain
>Flanagan, William : Horror Movie
>Carter, Elliott : Three Poems of Robert Frost
>     The Rose Family
>     Dust of Snow
>Lauridsen, Morten : And what of love
>Cowell, Henry : Who wrote this fiendish Rite of Spring?
>Musto, John : Shadow of the Blues
>Beaser, Robert : Mountain Songs
>     Quicksilver
>Rorem, Ned : For Poulenc
>Talma, Louise : Leap before you look
>Barber, Samuel : Despite and Still, Op. 41
>     no 4, Solitary Hotel
>Griffes, Charles Tomlinson : Poems (3), Op. 11
>     The Lament of Ian the Proud
>Talma, Louise : Rain Song
>Dougherty, Celius : The bird and the beast
>Rorem, Ned : Spring
>Billings, William : David's Lamentation
>Foster, Stephen : Why, no-one to love
>Swenson, Warren : The Lepidoptera Waltz
>Yeston, Maury : I Don't Wanna Rock and Roll

Album Summary

>Talma, Louise : Pied Beauty
>Schuman, William : Orpheus and his Lute
>Weisgall, Hugo : My Sweet Old Etcetera
>Lauridsen, Morten : When frost moves fast
>Weill, Kurt : Walt Whitman Songs (4)
>Dougherty, Celius : Love in the dictionary
>Weber, Ben : Mourn! Mourn!
>Bolcom, William : Cabaret Songs (12), Vol 1 and 2
>Duke, John Woods : Bells in the rain
>Flanagan, William : Horror Movie
>Carter, Elliott : Three Poems of Robert Frost
>Lauridsen, Morten : And what of love
>Cowell, Henry : Who wrote this fiendish Rite of Spring?
>Musto, John : Shadow of the Blues
>Beaser, Robert : Mountain Songs
>Rorem, Ned : For Poulenc
>Talma, Louise : Leap before you look
>Barber, Samuel : Despite and Still, Op. 41
>Griffes, Charles Tomlinson : Poems (3), Op. 11
>Talma, Louise : Rain Song
>Dougherty, Celius : The bird and the beast
>Rorem, Ned : Spring
>Billings, William : David's Lamentation
>Foster, Stephen : Why, no-one to love
>Swenson, Warren : The Lepidoptera Waltz
>Yeston, Maury : I Don't Wanna Rock and Roll
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Talma, Louise : Pied Beauty
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Schuman, William : Orpheus and his Lute
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1944
  • Language: English
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Weisgall, Hugo : My Sweet Old Etcetera
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Lauridsen, Morten : When frost moves fast
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Weill, Kurt : Walt Whitman Songs (4) :: Dirge for two veterans
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1942-1947
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dougherty, Celius : Love in the dictionary
  • Performers: Irma Vallecillo (Piano); Paul Sperry (Tenor)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Weber, Ben : Mourn! Mourn!
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Bolcom, William : Cabaret Songs (12), Vol 1 and 2 :: no 12, George
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1977-1985
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Duke, John Woods : Bells in the rain
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1945
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Flanagan, William : Horror Movie
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Carter, Elliott : Three Poems of Robert Frost :: The Rose Family
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1943
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Lauridsen, Morten : And what of love
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Cowell, Henry : Who wrote this fiendish Rite of Spring?
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Bolcom, William : Cabaret Songs (12), Vol 1 and 2 :: no 4, Waitin'
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1977-1985
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Musto, John : Shadow of the Blues
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1987
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Beaser, Robert : Mountain Songs :: Quicksilver
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1984
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Rorem, Ned : For Poulenc
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1963
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Talma, Louise : Leap before you look
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1945
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Barber, Samuel : Despite and Still, Op. 41 :: no 4, Solitary Hotel
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1967
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Griffes, Charles Tomlinson : Poems (3), Op. 11 :: The Lament of Ian the Proud
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1918
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Talma, Louise : Rain Song
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1973
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Dougherty, Celius : The bird and the beast
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Rorem, Ned : Spring
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1947
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Billings, William : David's Lamentation
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: by 1778
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Carter, Elliott : Three Poems of Robert Frost :: Dust of Snow
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1943
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Foster, Stephen : Why, no-one to love
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1862
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Swenson, Warren : The Lepidoptera Waltz
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio

>Yeston, Maury : I Don't Wanna Rock and Roll
  • Performers: Paul Sperry (Tenor); Irma Vallecillo (Piano)
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal
  • Studio/Live: Studio