1 800 222 6872

William Primrose - The Early Recordings - Violin and Viola

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord no 2 in A major, BWV 1015
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Quartet for Strings no 1 in E flat major, Op. 12
>Arensky, Anton [Composer] : Pieces (4) for violin & piano, Op. 30
>Primrose, William [Viola] : Rise Mourners, Rise, for violin & piano
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Drigo, Riccardo : Valse Bluette
>Kreisler, Fritz : Tempo di Menuetto in the style of Pugnani
>Purcell, Henry : Sonata in 4 parts for two violins, bass viol & continuo no 9 ("The Golden Sonata") in F major, Z. 8
>Paganini, Niccolò : Caprices (24) for Violin solo, Op. 1
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : None but the Lonely Heart, Op. 6, no 6
>Schubert, Franz : Ave Maria
>Traditional, Irish : Londonderry Air (Danny Boy), folk song
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord no 2 in A major, BWV 1015
  • Performers: H.G. Templeman (Piano); William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
  • Performers: G. Morris (Piano); William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1863

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Quartet for Strings no 1 in E flat major, Op. 12 :: Capriccietto (Canzonetta)
  • Performer: William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 09/14/1829

>Arensky, Anton [Composer] : Pieces (4) for violin & piano, Op. 30 :: Serenade
  • Performer: William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Primrose, William [Viola] : Rise Mourners, Rise, for violin & piano
  • Performer: William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
  • Performer: William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Gavotte
  • Performer: William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Drigo, Riccardo : Valse Bluette
  • Performers: William Primrose (Violin); Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Waltz

>Kreisler, Fritz : Tempo di Menuetto in the style of Pugnani
  • Performers: William Primrose (Violin); Gerald Moore (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 1910

>Purcell, Henry : Sonata in 4 parts for two violins, bass viol & continuo no 9 ("The Golden Sonata") in F major, Z. 8
  • Performers: Isolde Menges (Violin); John Ticehurst (Harpsichord); Ambrose Gauntlett (Viola da gamba); William Primrose (Violin)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1680

>Niccolò Paganini (Composer/Violin) (1782 - 1840) : Caprices (24) for Violin solo, Op. 1
  • Performer: William Primrose (Viola)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1817

>Niccolò Paganini (Composer/Violin) (1782 - 1840) : Caprices (24) for Violin solo, Op. 1
  • Performer: William Primrose (Viola)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1817

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : None but the Lonely Heart, Op. 6, no 6
  • Performer: William Primrose (Viola)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Schubert, Franz : Ave Maria
  • Performers: Sidonie Goossens (Harp); William Primrose (Viola)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1825

>Traditional, Irish : Londonderry Air (Danny Boy), folk song
  • Performers: Sidonie Goossens (Harp); William Primrose (Viola)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 1855