Notes & Reviews:
"An eloquently tragic Sixth the SFS strings dig very deep to produce a dark, throaty tone of startling vehemence. Ardently played and generously phrased." -Gramophone. "The cathartic power of music - to howl, to grieve, and ultimately to console - has never seemed so miraculous." -San Francisco Chronicle. "Michael Tilson Thomas' frighteningly intense performance of Mahler's Sixth Symphony with the San Francisco Symphony is the ... real standout among the [Grammy] winners." -LA Times
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 6 in A minor "Tragic"
- Conductor: Michael Thomas
- Ensemble: San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (09/12/2001-09/15/2001)
- Running Time: 87 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1903-1904