Notes & Reviews:
"...a powerful, cogent, and superbly played performance of the Resurrection Symphony chock-full of interesting and persuasive interpretive ideas... mezzo Loraine Hunt Lieberson, who has much more to sing than her colleague, delivers one of the finest performances of the fourth movement ever, on par with those of Christa Ludwig and Janet Baker, to name two of her illustrious predecessors. And Thomas has so much of value to tell us about how this music can be played... By any standard, there's more than enough here that's new and valid to warrant adding this release to your collection." -Classics Today (9/9)
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Performers: Lorraine Hunt Lieberson (Mezzo Soprano); Isabel Bayrakdarian (Soprano)
- Conductor: Michael Thomas
- Ensemble: San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA (06/23/2004-06/26/2004)
- Running Time: 51 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894