1 800 222 6872

Discover - Music of the Baroque Era

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor, K 120/L 215
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 51, "Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen," BWV 51
>Allegri, Gregorio : Miserere
>Gabrieli, Giovanni : Sacrae symphoniae, Book 1
>Monteverdi, Claudio : Vespers of the Blessed Virgin
>Sweelinck, Jan Pieterszoon : Mein junges Leben hat ein End, variations for keyboard, SwWV 324
>Certon, Pierre : La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
>Schütz, Heinrich : Psalms of David, Op 2
>Lawes, William : Royal Consort in D major for 2 Theorbos
>Scarlatti, Alessandro : Oh di Betlemme altera poverta, chamber cantata for soprano & strings ("Cantata pastorale per la nati
>Stradella, Alessandro : Sonata for trumpet, 8 viols & continuo in D major
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Membra Jesu Nostri, cantata in 7 sections for SSATB voices, 2 violins, 5 violas da gamba, violone &
>Pachelbel, Johann : Work(s)
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Benedictus, motet for double chorus & orchestra, LWV 64/2
>Charpentier, Marc-Antoine : Un flambeau, Jeannette, Isabelle, air for soprano, H. 460c
>Purcell, Henry : Hear my prayer, O Lord
>Purcell, Henry : Dido and Aeneas, Z 626
>Corelli, Arcangelo : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Flute in D major, Op. 10 no 3/RV 428 "Il gardellino"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Beatus vir, (Psalm 111), for 5 voices, double chorus, 2 oboes, 2 organs, double strings & continuo i
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 380/L 23
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G major, BWV 550 (BC J21)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 202, "Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten" ("Wedding Cantata") BWV 202
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Overture-Suite for 4 Horns, 2 Oboes, Strings and Basso continuo in F major, TV 55 no F 11 "Alster Ou
>Couperin, François : Les Sentimens, Sarabande, for harpsichord (Pieces de clavecin, I, 1ere ordre )
>Couperin, François : La Manon, for harpsichord (Pieces de clavecin, I, 1ere ordre)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Boreades
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Pièces de clavecin
>Handel, George Frideric : Rinaldo
>Handel, George Frideric : As When the Dove Laments Her Love (Handel)
>Handel, George Frideric : Suite no 7 (as used in the film "Got Rot Tunbridge Wells")
>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio
>Handel, George Frideric : Concerto Grosso in D minor, Op.6/10, HWV 328
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In popularity, Baroque music stands alone, written to glorify the finest courts of the western world. This release features over 2 hours of music on 2 CDs, with a detailed and well appointed booklet that includes a timeline of events in music, history, art, and literature.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6 :: Movement 3
  • Conductor: Jozef Kopelman
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 :: Movement 1
  • Performer: Lucy van Dael (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor, K 120/L 215 :: Allegrissimo
  • Performer: Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 51, "Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen," BWV 51 :: Aria. Jauchzet Gott in allen Land
  • Performer: Ingrid Kertesi (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Mátyás Antal
  • Running Time: 4 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 09/17/1730

>Allegri, Gregorio : Miserere
  • Conductor: Jeremy Summerly
  • Running Time: 10 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 16th Century

>Gabrieli, Giovanni : Sacrae symphoniae, Book 1 :: no 6
  • Conductor: Eric Crees
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Monteverdi, Claudio : Vespers of the Blessed Virgin
  • Ensemble: Scholars Baroque Ensemble
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1610

>Sweelinck, Jan Pieterszoon : Mein junges Leben hat ein End, variations for keyboard, SwWV 324
  • Performer: James Christie (Organ)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Certon, Pierre : La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
  • Conductor: Bertil Farnlof
  • Ensemble: Westra Aros Pijpare
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Heinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Psalms of David, Op 2
  • Conductor: Jeremy Summerly
  • Ensemble: Oxford Camerata
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lawes, William : Royal Consort in D major for 2 Theorbos :: Ecco
  • Performers: David Miller (Theorbo); Jacob Heringman (Theorbo)
  • Ensemble: Rose Consort of Viols
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Alessandro : Oh di Betlemme altera povertà, chamber cantata for soprano & strings ("Cantata pastorale per la nati
  • Performer: Maya Boog (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Stradella, Alessandro : Sonata for trumpet, 8 viols & continuo in D major :: Movement 1
  • Performer: Jürgen Schuster (Trumpet)
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Membra Jesu Nostri, cantata in 7 sections for SSATB voices, 2 violins, 5 violas da gamba, violone &
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Ensemble: Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1680

>Pachelbel, Johann : Work(s) :: Toccata in C major
  • Performer: Wolfgang Rübsam (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1679-1706

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Benedictus, motet for double chorus & orchestra, LWV 64/2 :: Movement 1
  • Conductor: Hervé Niquet
  • Ensemble: Le Concert Spirituel Orchestra & Chorus
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Charpentier, Marc-Antoine : Un flambeau, Jeannette, Isabelle, air for soprano, H. 460c
  • Performers: Tracy Bessette (Soprano); Christina Stelmacovich (Alto)
  • Conductor: Kevin Mallon
  • Ensemble: Aradia Ensemble
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Purcell, Henry : Hear my prayer, O Lord
  • Conductor: Jeremy Summerly
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1681

>Purcell, Henry : Dido and Aeneas, Z 626 :: When I am laid in earth (Dido's lament)
  • Performer: Kym Amps (Soprano)
  • Ensemble: Scholars Baroque Ensemble
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1689

>Corelli, Arcangelo : Concerti grossi (12), Op. 6 :: Pastorale
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Flute in D major, Op. 10 no 3/RV 428 "Il gardellino" :: Moveme
  • Performer: Béla Drahos (Flute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1729

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Beatus vir, (Psalm 111), for 5 voices, double chorus, 2 oboes, 2 organs, double strings & continuo i
  • Conductor: Nicholas Ward
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1742

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 380/L 23
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
  • Performer: Balazs Szkolay (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for organ in G major, BWV 550 (BC J21) :: Prelude
  • Performer: Wolfgang Rübsam (Organ)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047 :: Allegro assai
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, BWV 846-869 :: Prelude
  • Performer: Jenö Jandó (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 202, "Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten" ("Wedding Cantata") BWV 202 :: Aria. Sich
  • Performer: Friderike Wagner (Voice)
  • Conductor: Christian Brembeck
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Conductor: Géza Oberfrank
  • Running Time: 6 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056 :: Movement 2
  • Performer: Harald Hoeren (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Telemann, Georg Philipp : Overture-Suite for 4 Horns, 2 Oboes, Strings and Basso continuo in F major, TV 55 no F 11 "Alster Ou :: La Galante, suite for strings & continuo in D major, TWV 55
  • Conductor: Helmut Müller-Brühl
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1768

>François Couperin (1668 - 1733) : Les Sentimens, Sarabande, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, I, 1ère ordre )
  • Performer: Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>François Couperin (1668 - 1733) : La Manon, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, I, 1ère ordre)
  • Performer: Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Boréades :: Gavotte pour les Fleures et les Zéphirs
  • Conductor: Mary Terey-Smith
  • Ensemble: Capella Savaria
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: by 1763

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Pièces de clavecin :: Musette en rondeau
  • Performer: Gilbert Rowland (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Pièces de clavecin :: Tambourin
  • Performer: Gilbert Rowland (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Handel, George Frideric : Rinaldo :: Lascia ch'io pianga
  • Performer: Ingrid Kertesi (Soprano)
  • Conductor: László Kovács
  • Running Time: 4 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1711

>Handel, George Frideric : As When the Dove Laments Her Love (Handel) :: O ruddier than the cherry
  • Performer: David Asch
  • Ensemble: Scholars Baroque Ensemble
  • Notes: Composition written: 1718.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1718

>Handel, George Frideric : Suite no 7 (as used in the film "Got Rot Tunbridge Wells") :: Passacaille
  • Performer: Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705-1707

>Handel, George Frideric : Messiah, HWV 56, Oratorio :: Chorus. For unto us a child is born
  • Ensemble: Scholars Baroque Ensemble
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1741

>Handel, George Frideric : Concerto Grosso in D minor, Op.6/10, HWV 328 :: Movement 6
  • Conductor: Jozef Kopelman
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1739