1 800 222 6872

Buxtehude: Harpsichord Works / Wilson

Album Summary

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in G major, BuxWV 165
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 248 "Rofilis"
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Auf meinen lieben Gott, BuxWV 179
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BuxWV 162
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in A minor, BuxWV 249
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Keyboard in G minor, BuxWV 163
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord in G minor
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Canzonetta for Organ in G major, BuxWV 171
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Although best known for his organ works, Buxtehude was also one of the finest German composers of 17th century harpsichord music. 'La Capricciosa', a brilliant collection of 32 variations, is widely regarded as Buxtehude's 'Goldberg Variations'.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in G major, BuxWV 165
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 248 "Rofilis" :: La Capricciosa, vtions (32) for keyboard in G major, BuxWV 250
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Auf meinen lieben Gott, BuxWV 179
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BuxWV 162
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in A minor, BuxWV 249
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Keyboard in G minor, BuxWV 163
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord in G minor
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Canzonetta for Organ in G major, BuxWV 171
  • Performer: Glen Wilson (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690