- Bruce Ford (Tenor)
- Annick Massis (Soprano)
- Pietro Spagnoli (Bass)
- Jennifer Larmore (Mezzo Soprano)
- Alfonso Antoniozzi (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
"As Francesca, Annick Massis is luscious, her tone always glorious and used here good-humoredly, while she tosses off perfect trills and coloratura. Jennifer Larmore brings real character and a nice, darkish tone to the Page's music, while as the Duke, Bruce Ford (as usual) is manly and graceful at once. Alfonso Antoniozzi manages to keep his dignity as the foolish, fooled Count by singing with velvet tone and genuinely caring about the role, and Pietro Spagnoli brings a handsome legato to the King. The Geoffrey Mitchell Choir and London Philharmonic under Antonello Allemandi are sprightly and play the work with such perkiness that it whizzes by, and Opera Rara's presentation is again something that other labels ought to imitate. This is a terrific little Donizettian creampuff." - Classics Today (10/10)
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDonizetti, Gaetano : Francesca di Foix, opera in one act
- Performers: Annick Massis (Soprano); Pietro Spagnoli (Bass); Jennifer Larmore (Mezzo Soprano); Alfonso Antoniozzi (Baritone); Bruce Ford (Tenor)
- Conductor: Antonello Allemandi
- Ensemble: Geoffrey Mitchell Choir
- Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1831