- Lawrence Zazzo (Countertenor)
- Stephen Wallace (Countertenor)
- Andrew Foster-Williams (Bass Baritone)
- Kurt Streit (Tenor)
- Rosemary Joshua (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
"...Christian Curnyn has as infallible a sense of tempo and musico-dramatic shape - in individual numbers, in whole scenes and acts - as the composer himself. The orchestral playing is light-fingered, colorful and sprightly, and the company commands a roster of the best singers among the younger generation of Handelians." - The Times
Central to the success of Christan Curnyn's well-paced performance is the glorious singing of Rosemary Joshua in the title-role of Partenope...Handsomely packaged, with each of the three Acts complete on a single disc, it is among the most attractive of rarities among Handel operas.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Partenope
- Performers: Stephen Wallace (Countertenor); Andrew Foster-Williams (Bass Baritone); Kurt Streit (Tenor); Rosemary Joshua (Soprano); Lawrence Zazzo (Countertenor)
- Conductor: Christian Curnyn
- Ensemble: Early Opera Company
- Notes: All Saints' Church, East Finchley, London, England (11/15/2004-11/19/2004)
- Running Time: 6 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1730