- Magdalena Kozená (Mezzo Soprano)
- Susan Gritton (Soprano)
- Gillian Webster (Soprano)
- Carolyn Sampson (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Paul McCreesh and his Gabrieli Consort & Players offer a splendid accompaniment. "...more important... was the presence of a conductor of genius, for McCreesh is certainly that... from the moment he launched his players into the galvanising overture it was clear that this was going to be a performance with no dead notes." - The Spectator (London)
BBC Music Magazine
Paride el Elena contains much striking and sensuously beautiful music, and this new set does it proud.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Birtwistle: Punch and Judy / Atherton, London Sinfonietta
Eben: Landscapes of Patmos, etc / Halgeir Schiager
Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique, etc / Munch, Boston SO
Scarlatti: Stabat Mater / Kirkby, Taylor, et al
Lambert: Piano Concerto, etc / Lloyd-Jones, Plowright, et al
Pärt: Lamentate / Lubimov, Hilliard Ensemble, et al
Voices of Praise / Cleobury, Willcocks, Ledger, et al
Verdi: La Traviata / Monteux, Carteri, Valletti, et al
Toch: Piano Concerto no 2, etc / Andersen, Rotman, et al
Works DetailsGluck, Christoph Willibald : O del mio dolce ardor
- Performers: Magdalena Kozená (Mezzo Soprano); Susan Gritton (Soprano); Gillian Webster (Soprano); Carolyn Sampson (Soprano)
- Conductor: Paul McCreesh
- Ensemble: Gabrieli Players
- Notes: Composition written: Italy.
- Running Time: 82 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta