Full performer name: Thad Jones/Kenny Burrell/Frank Wess.
Personnel: Thad Jones, Kenny Burrell, Frank Wess, Mal Waldron, Paul Chambers, Arthur Taylor.
Originally released on Prestige (7118).
All tracks have been digitally remastered from original analog master tapes.
Although Thad Jones' name appears first on this CD reissue, pianist Mal Waldron is actually the session's main force. Waldron contributed all four selections (all of which are worthwhile, even if none caught on) and is a key soloist with the sextet, which also includes trumpeter Jones, Frank Wess on tenor and flute, guitarist Kenny Burrell, bassist Paul Chambers and drummer Art Taylor. Fine straight-ahead music, very much in the modern mainstream of 1957. ~ Scott Yanow
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- All Night Long/All Day Long (Byrd, Donald)
- Weaver of Dreams/Introducing Kenny Burrell (Kenny Burrell Quintet)
- Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane [Remaster] (Coltrane, John)
- Togethering & Grover Was [Remastered] (Washington, Grover, Jr.)
- Two Guitars (Raney, Jimmy)
- All Night Long (Byrd, Donald)
- Crash! (McDuff, Jack)