Personnel: Charlie Parker (alto saxophone); Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet); Thelonious Monk (piano); Curly Russell (bass); Buddy Rich (drums).
Producer: Norman Granz.
Reissue producers: Michael Lang, Ben Young.
Recorded in New York, New York on June 6, 1950. Includes liner notes by Norman Granz and James Patrick.
Digitally remastered by Steven Fallone and Ben Young (Polygram Studios).
This is part of the Verve Master Editions series.
CD contains 3 bonus tracks.
Sharp date with T. Monk (p) and Buddy Rich (d) is a nice introductory vehicle for Parker novices. It has three bonus cuts on disc. ~ Ron Wynn
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Oo-Shoo-Be-Doo-Be...Oo, Oo...Oo, Oo (Terry, Lilian)
- Jazz Maturity....Where It's Coming From (Eldridge, Roy)
- The Trumpet Kings Meet Joe Turner (Eldridge, Roy)
- The Trumpet Summit Meets the Oscar Peterson Big Fo (Oscar Peterson Big 4)
- With Gil Fuller and the Monterey Jazz Festival Orc (Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestr)
- The Gifted Ones (Basie, Count)
- Where Are You Going/The Real Thing (Horn, Shirley)