1 800 222 6872

The Glory of Byzantium / Angelopoulos, Divina, Melodi Choir

Album Summary

>Chant, Byzantine : Hail Mary, Luke 1, 28 and 42 (for Vespers)
>Chant, Byzantine : Sticheron of the Vespers of the Domition of the Mother of God
>Ioannes, Protopsaltes : Great Supplicatory Kanon (Mode Plagal IV), Byzantine hymn
>Gregory, Protopsalt of th : It is an honor to call Thee blessed, O Mother of God, chant
>Chant, Byzantine : Stichera (3) for Vespers of the Annunciation, March 25
>Chant, Byzantine : It is an honor to call Thee blessed, O Mother of God
>Koukouzeles, St. John : Then he shall speak to them in his anger, 1st hemistich of the Fifth verse of Psalm 2, Plagal of the
>Kovalevsky, Maxime : Cheroubikon, hymn
>Koukouzeles, St. John : Bless the Lord, Verse from the so called Latran Polyeleos (Psalm 134), for the Feast of the Holy Arc
>Chant, Byzantine : Praise the Lord, my soul, vespers
>Melodist, Romanos the : Today the Virgin..., kontakion in the 3rd mode
>Ljubojevic, Divna : Credo, chant
>Lampadarios, Petros : Glory to God, chant
>Ljubojevic, Divna : Pater Noster, chant
>Lampadarios, Petros : Our Savior has visited us from on high...
>Chant, Serbian : The Magi, Kings of Persia (for Vespers)
>Lampadarios, Petros : All the Angels in Heaven...
>Ljubojevic, Divna : Prayers of Blessing, chant
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A magnificent tribute paid to the splendors of Byzantine music, this amazing repertoire lies at the heart of the oldest Christian traditions. Byzantium's musical history has left a deep impression on our history through an immense musical heritage kept alive with the help of an undisturbed musical tradition in Greece and in the old Churches of Orient.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Chant, Byzantine : Hail Mary, Luke 1, 28 and 42 (for Vespers)
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Chant, Byzantine : Sticheron of the Vespers of the Domition of the Mother of God
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Chant, Byzantine : Hail Mary, Luke 1, 28 and 42 (for Vespers)
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Ioannes, Protopsaltes : Great Supplicatory Kanon (Mode Plagal IV), Byzantine hymn
  • Running Time: 8 min. 48 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Gregory, Protopsalt of th : It is an honor to call Thee blessed, O Mother of God, chant
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.

>Chant, Byzantine : Stichera (3) for Vespers of the Annunciation, March 25
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: March

>Chant, Byzantine : It is an honor to call Thee blessed, O Mother of God
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Written: 14th Century

>Koukouzeles, St. John : Then he shall speak to them in his anger, 1st hemistich of the Fifth verse of Psalm 2, Plagal of the
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Kovalevsky, Maxime : Cheroubikon, hymn
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Koukouzeles, St. John : Bless the Lord, Verse from the so called Latran Polyeleos (Psalm 134), for the Feast of the Holy Arc
  • Running Time: 7 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Chant, Byzantine : Praise the Lord, my soul, vespers
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Melodist, Romanos the : Today the Virgin..., kontakion in the 3rd mode
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.

>Ljubojevic, Divna : Credo, chant
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.

>Lampadarios, Petros : Glory to God, chant
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.

>Ljubojevic, Divna : Pater Noster, chant
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.

>Lampadarios, Petros : Our Savior has visited us from on high...
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.

>Chant, Serbian : The Magi, Kings of Persia (for Vespers)
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.

>Lampadarios, Petros : All the Angels in Heaven...
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.

>Ljubojevic, Divna : Prayers of Blessing, chant
  • Performer: Divna Ljubojevic (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.