- Hillevi Martinpelto (Soprano)
- Bernarda Fink
- Matthias Goerne (Baritone)
- Christoph Prégardien
- Franz-Josef Selig (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
In 1818, well before Bach's 'Mass in b-minor' was given its first complete performance, the Swiss music historian and publisher Hans Georg Nageli described it prophetically as "the greatest musical masterpiece of all times." Bach knew that with the onset of illness he would not be able to introduce the work himself. The 'Mass,' meant to be his bequest to posterity, marks the consummation of the ecclesiastical style which it sums up and epitomizes in exemplary fashion. Musically speaking, it was Bach's final message to his contemporaries.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBach, Johann Sebastian : Mass in B minor, BWV 232
- Performers: Christoph Prégardien; Franz-Josef Selig (Voice); Hillevi Martinpelto (Soprano); Bernarda Fink; Matthias Goerne (Baritone)
- Conductor: René Jacobs
- Running Time: 105 min. 14 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Choral
- Written: 1748-1749