- Bernadette Nissa (Voice)
- Juan Flórez (Tenor)
- Ildebrando D'Arcangelo (Bass)
- Andreas Jankowitsch (Bass)
- Helène Corre (Voice)
- José Reyes (Voice)
- Edita Gruberova (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
10 years following his triumph with Tancredi on Feb.6, 1813 at Venice's most prestigious theatre, Rossini's last opera, Semiramide, was premiered almost on the same date in the same opera house. Both works are opera serie. Rossini connoisseurs, scholars and opera buffs alike will discover in Gruberova's performance of the title role some occasional departures from the printed score including a few discreet transpositions and several wide-ranging cadenzas. As was the custom in Rossini's time, Ms. Gruberova has simply adapted some areas in the role's vocal writing transposing the low mezzo like tessitura on the page to fit her particular vocal type, which is that of a high soprano.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : Semiramide, opera
- Performers: Bernadette Nissa (Voice); Juan Flórez (Tenor); Ildebrando D'Arcangelo (Bass); Andreas Jankowitsch (Bass); Helène Corre (Voice); José Reyes (Voice); Edita Gruberova (Soprano)
- Conductor: Marcello Panni
- Ensemble: Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Wiener Konzerthaus (03/11/1998-03/14/1998)
- Running Time: 153 min. 20 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1823