1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Complete Violin Sonatas / Brainin, Ludwig

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in D major, Op. 12 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 12
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in E flat major, Op. 12 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 4 in A minor, Op. 23
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 9 in A major, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in A major, Op. 30/1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 7 in C minor ("Eroica"), Op. 30/2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Norbert Brainin (1923-2005) was born in Vienna and studied initially with such luminaries as Riccardo Odnoposoff and Rosa Hochmann-Rosenfeld. Had it not been for the 'Anschluss' of 1938 and the war, he would have followed the traditional paths of the great Viennese violinists. As it so happened, he ended up spending most of his life in England, as a student of Rostal and Flesch, a much-loved member of the musical community and leader for 40 years (1947-1987) of the Amadeus Quartet. Performances with the ensemble took up most of his professional life, although he did find time to perform solo sonatas with such pianists as Lamar Crowson and Lili Kraus.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in D major, Op. 12 no 1
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 2 in A major, Op. 12
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 3 in E flat major, Op. 12 no 3
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1797-98.
  • Running Time: 19 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 4 in A minor, Op. 23
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1800.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring"
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 8 in G major, Op. 30 no 3
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801-02.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 9 in A major, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 6 in A major, Op. 30/1
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801-02.
  • Running Time: 23 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for violin & piano no 7 in C minor ("Eroica"), Op. 30/2
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Running Time: 26 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 96
  • Performers: Günter Ludwig (Piano); Norbert Brainin (Violin)
  • Running Time: 26 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1812