1 800 222 6872

Buxtehude: Opera omnia Vol 1 - Harpsichord Works / Koopman

Album Summary

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 248 "Rofilis"
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 230
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in F major, BuxWV 238
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord no 6 in D minor, BuxWV 233
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Courant zimble, 8 variations for organ in A minor, BuxWV 245
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord no 10 in E minor, BuxWV 235
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Arias
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 228
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in G minor, BuxWV 242
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 226
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in A major, BuxWV 243
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 234
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D major, BuxWV 232
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV deest
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 231
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Keyboard in G minor, BuxWV 163
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"[Koopman uses] judiciously contrasting instruments: a double-manual Flemish-style instrument copied from a model by the famous maker Ruckers has a direct, precise and sparkling quality, whereas a single-manual Italian-style instrument has an engrossing lush sonority. Commencing with the enormous set of 32 variations entitled La Capricciosa is not for the faint-hearted casual listener but Christoph Wolff's superb essay explains that it "may be counted among the most significant repertoire of the late 17th-century". Claiming that he interprets this French-influenced music "with a heavy dose of Italian spirit", Koopman is in his element during this dexterous and decorous performance. His mastery is never in doubt" -Gramophone



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Aria and Variations (3) for Harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 248 "Rofilis" :: La Capricciosa, vtions (32) for keyboard in G major, BuxWV 250
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 230
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in F major, BuxWV 238
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord no 6 in D minor, BuxWV 233
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Courant zimble, 8 variations for organ in A minor, BuxWV 245
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for Harpsichord no 10 in E minor, BuxWV 235
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Arias :: More Palatino, variations (12) for keyboard in C major, BuxWV 247
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 228
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in G minor, BuxWV 242
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 226
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in A major, BuxWV 243
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV 234
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D major, BuxWV 232
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in D minor, BuxWV deest
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Suite for harpsichord in C major, BuxWV 231
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Keyboard in G minor, BuxWV 163
  • Performer: Ton Koopman (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690