1 800 222 6872

Shostakovich - The Complete Symphonies / Caetani, et al

Album Summary

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 1 in F minor, Op. 10
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 15 in A major, Op. 141
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 12 in D minor, Op. 112 "To the Memory of Lenin - 1917"
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 2 in B flat major (To October), Op. 14
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 3 in E flat major (The First of May), Op. 20
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 14 for soprano, bass, strings & percussion, Op. 135
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 4 in C minor, Op. 43
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 5 in D minor, Op. 47
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 6 in B minor, Op. 54
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 7 (as used in the film "Testimony")
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 8 in C minor, Op. 65
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 9 in E flat major, Op. 70
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 10 in E minor, Op. 93
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 11 in G minor, Op. 103 "Year 1905"
>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 13 in B flat minor, Op. 113 "Babi Yar"
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"The first thing you will notice about this set, the second complete Shostakovich cycle to appear on SACD, is the excellent live sonics. Interestingly, the best sound seems to follow alongside the best performances: Symphonies Nos. 1, 5, 6, 8, 11, and 12. All are pretty stunning--edgy, visceral, take-no-prisoners performances that stand with the best... as far as complete cycles go, this one is competitive... there's plenty to enjoy here if you want one big SACD box--and this is a good bit more exciting than Kitayenko's SACD set on Capriccio." -Classics Today



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 1 in F minor, Op. 10
  • Performers: Luca Franzetti (Cello); Luca Santaniello (Violin)
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1923-25.
  • Running Time: 27 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1923-1925

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 15 in A major, Op. 141
  • Performer: Gabriele Zanetti (Cello)
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Running Time: 46 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1971

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 12 in D minor, Op. 112 "To the Memory of Lenin - 1917"
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1961.
  • Running Time: 35 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1961

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 2 in B flat major (To October), Op. 14
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1927.
  • Running Time: 11 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1927

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 3 in E flat major (The First of May), Op. 20
  • Performers: Gabriele Mugnai (Viola); Ana Ojeda (Violin); Gabriele Zanetti (Cello); Enrico Corapi (Double Bass); Luca Santaniello (Violin)
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1929.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1929

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 14 for soprano, bass, strings & percussion, Op. 135
  • Performers: Mikhail Davidov; Gabriele Mugnai (Viola); Ana Ojeda (Violin); Marina Poplavskaia (Voice); Gabriele Zanetti (Cello); Enrico Corapi (Double Bass); Luca Santaniello (Violin)
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1969.
  • Running Time: 45 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1969

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 4 in C minor, Op. 43
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1935-36.
  • Running Time: 61 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1935-1936

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 5 in D minor, Op. 47
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Running Time: 47 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1937

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 6 in B minor, Op. 54
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1939.
  • Running Time: 31 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1939

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 7 (as used in the film "Testimony")
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1941.
  • Running Time: 72 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1941

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 8 in C minor, Op. 65
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1943.
  • Running Time: 52 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1943

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 9 in E flat major, Op. 70
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1945.
  • Running Time: 26 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1945

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 10 in E minor, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1953.
  • Running Time: 52 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1953

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 11 in G minor, Op. 103 "Year 1905"
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1957.
  • Running Time: 65 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1957

>Shostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 13 in B flat minor, Op. 113 "Babi Yar"
  • Performer: Pavel Kudinov (Voice)
  • Conductor: Oleg Caetani
  • Ensemble: Verdi Grand Symphonic Orchestra Milan
  • Running Time: 54 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1962