- Tugomir Franc (Bass)
- Ewald Aichberger (Tenor)
- Martti Talvela (Bass)
- Franco Corelli (Tenor)
- Nicolai Ghiaurov (Bass)
- Edita Gruberova (Soprano)
- Gundula Janowitz (Voice)
- Shirley Verrett (Voice)
- Eberhard Wächter (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
"Franco Corelli never recorded the role of Carlos commercially so this is instantly valuable; and indeed the tenor is in magnificent voice - pungent, emotionally forward, thrilling...Eberhard Wachter is surprisingly Italianate as Posa and Shirley Verrett almost walks away with the whole show with her fiery Eboli. Nicolai Ghiaurov is at his grandest as poor Philip II, and his scene with the terrifying Grand Inquisitor of Martti Talvela will take your breath away." -ClassicsToday
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Don Carlos
- Performers: Eberhard Wächter (Baritone); Tugomir Franc (Bass); Ewald Aichberger (Tenor); Martti Talvela (Bass); Franco Corelli (Tenor); Nicolai Ghiaurov (Bass); Edita Gruberova (Soprano); Gundula Janowitz (Voice); Shirley Verrett (Voice)
- Conductor: Horst Stein
- Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1884.
- Running Time: 131 min. 26 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1884
- Studio/Live: Live