1 800 222 6872

Beethoven's 32 Piano Sonatas Vol 2 / David Allen Wehr

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"The superlatives I used for Volume 1 are all applicable here; Wehr exhibits the same high level of interpretive and technical skill. His approach is to execute Beethoven's text as faithfully as humanly possible, letting these masterpieces speak for themselves. The exemplary sound captured from his Yamaha CF111S and his perceptive liner notes complete a delightful release. I suspect that this series will become my reference set." -ARG



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 9 in E major, Op. 14 no 1
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 10 in G major, Op. 14 no 2
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1799

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78 "A Thérèse"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 12 in A flat major, Op. 26 "Funeral March"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 17 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 13 in E flat major, Op. 27 no 1 "Quasi una fantasia"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 15 in D, Op. 28 "Pastorale)
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 22 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 25 in G major, Op. 79 "Cuckoo"
  • Performer: David Wehr (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Hall in Tarrytown, NY (05/18/1998/06/12/2003)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809