Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Stereo CD will contain 78 minutes of newly mixed and mastered music packaged in a jewel box with a 28-page booklet including liner notes by George and Giles Martin. First time ever special edition will include both the stereo CD and a BONUS AUDIO DVD packaged in a digi-package with O-card. The DVD is audio only and will contain 81 minutes of music in both 5.1 surround sound and stereo (presented in DVD-Audio MLP, DTS, Dolby and PCM).
Rolling Stone - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's LOVEly -- the suite side of ABBEY ROAD extended to seventy-eight minutes."
Entertainment Weekly (p.105) - "[I]t's bliss....The exhilarating opener, 'Because,' is now a cappella, and the most glorious choral rock divinity since the Beach Boys' 'Our Prayer'..." -- Grade: A
Q (p.133) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]his demands the listener to reappraise The Beatles' brilliance with fresh ears. A genuine revolution in the head."
Q (p.118) - Ranked #53 in Q Magazine's "100 Greatest Albums of 2006."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.100) - 5 stars out of 5 -- "Stunning....You'll marvel at the sound and the new insight it brings to music you know so well."
Given his unparalleled talent for innovative recording, mixing, and soundscaping, producer Sir George Martin has always been rightly referred to as "the fifth Beatle." Some 35 years after the Beatles disbanded, Martin was still shaping the group's music, as demonstrated by the 2006 release LOVE. The album (created to coincide with a Cirque du Soleil performance based on Beatles songs) amounts to a musical fantasia centered on the Beatles' output, with famous work from both early and late in the band's career collaged with great care and artistry.
Martin's relationship to the band gives him a unique perspective (not to mention access to a vast catalogue of multi-track tapes), which results in a shape-shifting overview that encompasses demo recordings, instrumental passages, and snippets from some of the best-loved Beatles tunes. Beatles fanatics will be in seventh heaven playing "name that reference" on this sonic carpet ride, but LOVE also provides something of an "overture" to the Beatles' oeuvre. The SPECIAL EDITION comes with a bonus audio-only DVD featuring the album in various stereo mixes.
Track List: LOVE
2. Get Back
3. Glass Onion
4. Eleanor Rigby-Julia (Transition)
5. I Am The Walrus
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand
7. Medley: I) Drive My Car; II)The World; III) What You're Doing
8. Gink Nus
9. Something-Blue Jay Way (Transtion)
10. Medley: I) Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite; II) I Want You (She's So Heavy); III) Helter Skelter
12. Medley: I) Blackbird; II) Yesterday
13. Strawberry Fields Forever
14. Medley: I) Within You Without You; II) Tomorrow Never Knows
15. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
16. Octopus's Garden
17. Lady Madonna
18. Here Comes The Sun-The Inner Light (Transition)
19. Medley: I) Come Together; II) Dear Prudence; III) Cry Baby Cry (Transtion)
21. Back In The U.S.S.R.
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
23. A Day In The Life
24. Hey Jude
25. SGT. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
26. All You Need Is Love
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Johnny Mercer: The Capitol Collectors Series
Russia & Ukraine: St. Petersburg, Sebastopol, Odessa / Tchaikovsky [DVD]
Duke Ellington: Live in Holland (1958)
The Jose Carreras Collection / La Grande Notte a Verona [DVD]
Chopin / Michelangeli Plays Chopin [DVD]
Bizet: Carmen [2 DVD]
Concert at the Vatican / Sistine Chapel Choir
Szymanowski: Violin Concertos no 1 & 2, etc / Kaler, et al
- Fried Glass Onions: Memphis Meets the Beatles, Vol (Various Artists)
- Tropical Tribute to the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Hello, Goodbye: Songs the Beatles Gave Away (Various Artists)
- Stax Does the Beatles (Various Artists)
- Andy Timmons Band Plays Sgt. Pepper (Timmons, Andy)
- Liddypool: Who Put the Beat in the Beatles? (Various Artists)
- Sing the Beatles (Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-M)
- Try to Remember/The Brothers Four Sing Lennon-McCa (Brothers Four (The))
- Lieb Plays the Beatles (Liebman, David)
- Glee: Sings the Beatles (Glee)
- Blackbird: The Beatles Album (Karadaglic, Milos (Guitar))