1 800 222 6872

Schubert: Arpeggione Sonata, etc / Queyras, Tharaud

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Sonata for Arpeggione in A minor, D 821
>Schubert, Franz : Das Wandern, song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/1 (Op. 25/1)
>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
>Webern, Anton : Little Pieces (3) for cello & piano, Op. 11
>Schubert, Franz : Die Vögel ("Wie lieblich und fröhlich"), song for voice & piano, D. 691 (Op. posth. 172/6)
>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in D major, D 384/Op 137 no 1
>Schubert, Franz : Wiegenlied ("Schlafe, schlafe, holder süsser Knabe"), song for voice & piano ("Mille Cherubini in Co
>Berg, Alban : Pieces (4) for clarinet & piano, Op. 5
>Schubert, Franz : Nacht und Träume (Heil'ge Nacht, du sinkest nieder!"), song for voice & piano, D. 827 (Op. 43/2)
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"Considered one of the best cellists of his generation, Jean-Guihen Queyras fully justified his reputation. The sincerity of his expression, the intelligence of his playing, as well as the beauty and depth of the sonorities that he has the power to extract from his instrument have placed his interpretation at an extraordinary level." -La Provence



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Sonata for Arpeggione in A minor, D 821
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 25 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/1824

>Schubert, Franz : Das Wandern, song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/1 (Op. 25/1)
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Webern, Anton : Little Pieces (3) for cello & piano, Op. 11
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1914

>Schubert, Franz : Die Vögel ("Wie lieblich und fröhlich"), song for voice & piano, D. 691 (Op. posth. 172/6)
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1820

>Schubert, Franz : Sonatina for Violin and Piano in D major, D 384/Op 137 no 1
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1816

>Schubert, Franz : Wiegenlied ("Schlafe, schlafe, holder süsser Knabe"), song for voice & piano ("Mille Cherubini in Co
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 11/1816

>Berg, Alban : Pieces (4) for clarinet & piano, Op. 5
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1913

>Schubert, Franz : Nacht und Träume (Heil'ge Nacht, du sinkest nieder!"), song for voice & piano, D. 827 (Op. 43/2)
  • Performers: Jean-Guihen Queyras (Cello); Alexandre Tharaud (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: ?1825.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1825