Notes & Reviews:
Alwyn was a pioneer in composing serious music for films, and between 1936 and 1962 wrote the music for sixty feature films including Odd Man Out and The Fallen Idol. "Strong and forceful with superb singing from all the principals." - Gramophone
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsAlwyn, William : Miss Julie, opera
- Performers: Benjamin Luxon; John Mitchinson (Tenor); Jill Gomez (Soprano); Della Jones (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Vilem Tausky
- Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
- Notes: Kingsway Hall, London, England (01/23/1979-01/26/1979)
- Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta