Album Remarks & Appraisals:
This compilation includes many tunes familiar from their use in British radio and television programmes. Few of them have been re-recorded since the days of 78s, and so these are often the first stereo and digital performances. Among the many gems to be found here are Eric Coates' signature tune for ATV, Ashworth Hope's Barnacle Bill, familiar as the theme tune for the longrunning BBC children's programme Blue Peter, and Fritz Spiegl's wake-up music for BBC Radio 4, which was recently dropped after 30 years despite a nationwide campaign to save it.
Liner Note Author: Philip Lane.
Recording information: Angel Studios, Islington, London, England.
Editor: Richard L. Scott.
Arrangers: Ivor Slaney; Donald D. Bowden; Keith Papworth.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Albert: Symphonies no 1 & 2 / Paul Polivnick, Russian PO
American Classics - Leroy Anderson: Orchestral Music, Vol 1
Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto no 2, etc / Scherbakov, et al
Holst: Double Concerto, etc/ Griffiths, Graham, Ewins, et al
Cherubini: Symphony in D major, etc / Piero Bellugi, et al
Szymanowski: Violin Concertos no 1 & 2, etc / Kaler, et al
Maxwell Davies: Naxos Quartets no 7 & 8 / Maggini Quartet
Arnold: String Quartets no 1 & 2, etc / Maggini Quartet
Korngold: The Sea Hawk, Deception / William Stromberg, et al
- The Music of Pink Floyd: Orchestral Maneuvers (Palmer, David)
- Hooked on Classics 3: Journey Through the Classics (Clark, Louis)
- Tolga Kashif: The Queen Symphony [Special Edition] (Kashif, Tolga)
- Tango Passion (Stratta, Ettore)
- The Golden Age of Hollywood, Vol. 2 (Clio Gould)
- What the World Needs Now: The Music of Burt Bachar (Richard Balcombe)
- ABBAphonic (Jones, Ria)
- Pete Townshend's Classic Quadrophenia (Townshend, Pete)
- Pete Townshend's Classic Quadrophenia [CD/DVD] [Di (Townshend, Pete)
- More Symphonic Rock (Matthew Freeman)
- If I Can Dream (Presley, Elvis)