- Gabriel Bacquier (Baritone)
- Henri Guy (Bass)
- Adriana Martino (Voice)
- Jeannette Pilou (Soprano)
- Anna Reynolds (Alto)
- Teodoro Rovetta (Bass)
- Nicola Zaccaria (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
This live 1969 broadcast performance of Debussy's operatic masterpiece-and one of the seminal vocal works of the 20th century- has long been unavailable, and is now welcomed back in re-mastered sound at budget price on Opera d'Oro. Real French singers in the three principal roles make a vast difference stylistically, and a major world conductor at the height of his fresh powers is a special bonus.
This live 1969 broadcast performance of Debussy's operatic masterpiece was long unavailable, welcomed back in re-mastered sound at budget price on Opera d'Oro.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Rossini: Maometto II / Cohen, Secov, Gemmabella, et al
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue / Botstein, Philips, et al
Howells: Hymnus Paradisi, Sir Patrick Spens / Hill, et al
Thirteen Ways / Eighth Blackbird
Auber: Domino noir / Gressier, Micheau, Peyron, Berthon
Vaughan Williams: Mass in G Minor / Mackenzie, et al
Fred - Rzewski: Pocket Symphony, etc / Eighth Blackbird
Beethoven: Violin Concertos; Tsintsadze: Miniatures / Lisa Batiashvili, et al
Works DetailsDebussy, Claude : Pelléas et Mélisande
- Performers: Gabriel Bacquier (Baritone); Henri Guy (Bass); Adriana Martino (Voice); Jeannette Pilou (Soprano); Anna Reynolds (Alto); Teodoro Rovetta (Bass); Nicola Zaccaria (Bass)
- Conductor: Lorin Maazel
- Ensemble: Italian Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 98 min. sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1893-1902
- Studio/Live: Live