1 800 222 6872

Hopkinson Smith Album - Bach, etc / Banchini, Dieltens

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Frog Galliard, for lute, P 23
>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae Pavan, for keyboard or lute (from "Lachrimae")
>Mouton, Charles : La Mallassis, sarabande for lute
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 6 in D major, BWV 1012
>Weiss, Silvius Leopold : Sonata for lute in D minor (Dresden MS no 6; London MS no 7), SC 11
>Sanz, Gaspar : Marizápalos, nombre de chica y de una melodia popular, for guitar (from Instrucción de Música sobre
>Sanz, Gaspar : La Tarantela
>Mudarra, Alonso de : Romanesca (or Guárdame las vacas), for vihuela
>Narváez, Luys de : Diferencias on "Conde Claros" for guitar
>Hagen, Joachim Bernhard : Concerto for lute, 2 violins, viola & cello in A major
>Kapsberger, Johannes Hieronymus : Toccata for lute no 6
>Kapsberger, Johannes Hieronymus : Work(s)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001
>Attaingnant, Pierre : Pavane & sauterelle, for lute (from 18 basses dances)
>Attaingnant, Pierre : Basse danses (18)
>Guerau, Francisco : Canarios
>Gaultier, Ennemond : Chaconne "La Cascade," for lute
>Gallot, Jacques : Sarabande "la sans Pareille", for lute
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"Here Hopkinson Smith, the poet of pluck, takes up five different kinds of lutes plus a vihuela de mano and a baroque guitar, each of which sounds fantastic in his hands. Whether it's a 13-course baroque lute for Bach and Weiss, an 11-course baroque lute for Mouton, Gaultier or de Gallot, a 10-course renaissance lute for Kapsperger, an 8-course renaissance lute for Dowland, a 6-course renaissance alto lute for Attaingnant, a vihuela de mano for Mudarra and de Narvaez or a baroque guitar for Sanz and Guerau, Smith is consistently and constantly extraordinary. Smith's tone is translucent, his technique is flawless and his taste is exemplary." -All Music

San Francisco Chronicle
Without doubt the finest lute player in the world today.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Tempo di Borrea
  • Running Time: 6 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Dowland, John [Composer] : The Frog Galliard, for lute, P 23
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Dowland, John [Composer] : Lachrimae Pavan, for keyboard or lute (from "Lachrimae")
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1612

>Mouton, Charles : La Mallassis, sarabande for lute
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 6 in D major, BWV 1012 :: Sarabande
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Weiss, Silvius Leopold : Sonata for lute in D minor (Dresden MS no 6; London MS no 7), SC 11 :: Prélude
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Weiss, Silvius Leopold : Sonata for lute in D minor (Dresden MS no 6; London MS no 7), SC 11 :: Courante
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Sanz, Gaspar : Marizápalos, nombre de chica y de una melodia popular, for guitar (from Instrucción de Música sobre
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Sanz, Gaspar : La Tarantela
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mudarra, Alonso de : Romanesca (or Guárdame las vacas), for vihuela
  • Performer: Hopkinson Smith (Vihuela)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: by 1546

>Narváez, Luys de : Diferencias on "Conde Claros" for guitar
  • Performer: Hopkinson Smith (Vihuela)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1538

>Hagen, Joachim Bernhard : Concerto for lute, 2 violins, viola & cello in A major :: Largo
  • Performers: David Plantier (Violin); David Courvoisier (Viola); Roel Dieltiens (Cello); Chiara Banchini (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto

>Kapsberger, Johannes Hieronymus : Toccata for lute no 6
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Kapsberger, Johannes Hieronymus : Work(s) :: Gagliarda
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin solo no 1 in G minor, BWV 1001 :: Adagio
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Attaingnant, Pierre : Pavane & sauterelle, for lute (from 18 basses dances)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Attaingnant, Pierre : Basse danses (18)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Guerau, Francisco : Canarios
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Gaultier, Ennemond : Chaconne "La Cascade," for lute
  • Running Time: 8 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Gallot, Jacques : Sarabande "la sans Pareille", for lute
  • Running Time: 4 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Prélude
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720