- Sherrill Milnes (Voice)
- Fernando Pavarotti (Tenor)
- Luciano Pavarotti (Tenor)
- Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone)
- Annette Celine (Voice)
- Bonaldo Giaiotti (Bass)
- Anna Reynolds (Alto)
- Montserrat Caballé (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
BBC Music Magazine
Verdi's early score receives here one of its best studio accounts, with Caballé splendid in the title role, Pavarotti stylistically apt as her lover and Sherrill Milnes reliable as her father. Maag is the committed conductor.
Caballé gives a splendidly dramatic portrait of the heroine and Pavarotti's performance is full of creative, detailed imagination. Maag's sympathetic reading, by underlining the light and shade, consistently brings out the atmospheric qualities of Verdi's conception ... brilliantly played and vividly recorded.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Luisa Miller
- Performers: Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone); Annette Celine (Voice); Bonaldo Giaiotti (Bass); Anna Reynolds (Alto); Montserrat Caballé (Voice); Sherrill Milnes (Voice); Fernando Pavarotti (Tenor); Luciano Pavarotti (Tenor)
- Conductor: Peter Maag
- Running Time: 118 min. 39 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1849