- Barbara Vignudelli (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Of all the settings of the traditional Stabat Mater text by the great composers, perhaps that by Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805) is least known, a fact that seems perplexing today when there are countless recordings of the Stabat Mater (admittedly beautiful) by a much less famous composer, Pergolesi. The present work may indeed be Boccherini's most important vocal composition, as he was best known for his instrumental works.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBoccherini, Luigi : Stabat Mater for soprano, cello & orchestra in F minor, G. 532 (revised for 3 voices & orchestra, Op
- Performer: Barbara Vignudelli (Soprano)
- Conductor: Flavio Scogna
- Ensemble: Benedetto Marcello Chamber Orchestra
- Notes: Chiesa di San Pietro di Campovalano, Teramo, Italy (09/30/2005-10/01/2005)
- Running Time: 43 min. 2 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1781