Notes & Reviews:
Jiri Belohlavek is a world-renowned conductor of the works of Bohuslav Martinu, including the symphonic, operatic, oratorio and cantata literature. Martinu's oratorio The Epic of Gilgamesh (1955) is unusual and, in a way, unique in all the international literature, as exciting and mysterious as the ancient tale on which it is based.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMartinu, Bohuslav : Epic of Gilgamesh
- Performers: Karel Prusa (Bass); Jiri Zahradnicek (Voice); Marcela Machotkova (Soprano); Vaclav Zitek (Voice)
- Conductor: Jirí Belohlávek
- Ensemble: Prague Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Smetana Hall of the Municipal House, Prague, Czech Republic (09/01/1976-09/04/1976)
- Running Time: 57 min. 50 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio