1 800 222 6872

Christmas at Salisbury Cathedral

Audio Samples

>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
>Traditional, Christmas : Il est ne, le divin enfant (French)
>Traditional, Christmas : O Jesulein suá, o Jesulein mild (O Little One Sweet), carol (NEH no 31)
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
>Halls, David : I heard an infant weeping, for chorus & organ
>Traditional, Christmas : Rejoice and Be Merry
>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
>Traditional, Christmas : Blessed Be That Maid Marie (English)
>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ
>     The Shepherds' Farewell
>Grunenwald, Jean-Jacques : Nativite, for organ
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
>Traditional, Christmas : Sussex Carol ("On Christmas Night")
>Traditional, Christmas : Of the Father's heart begotten (A Christmas Procession)
>Manz, Paul : E'en so, Lord Jesus, quickly come
>Halls, David : Sing, O sing this blessed morn, for chorus & organ
>Kocher, Conrad : As With Gladness Men of Old
>Praetorious, Michael : Puer nobis nascitur, hymn
>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : The Lord at first did Adam make
>Traditional, Christmas : Quelle est cette odeur agreable? (Whence is that goodly fragrance?) (French)
>Traditional, German : A great and mighty wonder (Tune
>     Es ist ein' Ros' entsprungen)

Album Summary

>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
>Traditional, Christmas : Il est ne, le divin enfant (French)
>Traditional, Christmas : O Jesulein suá, o Jesulein mild (O Little One Sweet), carol (NEH no 31)
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
>Halls, David : I heard an infant weeping, for chorus & organ
>Traditional, Christmas : Rejoice and Be Merry
>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
>Traditional, Christmas : Blessed Be That Maid Marie (English)
>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ
>Grunenwald, Jean-Jacques : Nativite, for organ
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
>Traditional, Christmas : Sussex Carol ("On Christmas Night")
>Traditional, Christmas : Of the Father's heart begotten (A Christmas Procession)
>Manz, Paul : E'en so, Lord Jesus, quickly come
>Halls, David : Sing, O sing this blessed morn, for chorus & organ
>Kocher, Conrad : As With Gladness Men of Old
>Praetorious, Michael : Puer nobis nascitur, hymn
>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : The Lord at first did Adam make
>Traditional, Christmas : Quelle est cette odeur agreable? (Whence is that goodly fragrance?) (French)
>Traditional, German : A great and mighty wonder (Tune
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1850

>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1885

>Traditional, Christmas : Il est né, le divin enfant (French)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1875

>Traditional, Christmas : O Jesulein süá, o Jesulein mild (O Little One Sweet), carol (NEH no 31)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.

>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Hugh Hetherington (Tenor); Freddie Foster (Voice); Daniel Cook (Organ); Hugh Hetherington (Tenor); Freddie Foster (Voice)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 19th Century

>Halls, David : I heard an infant weeping, for chorus & organ
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Traditional, Christmas : Rejoice and Be Merry
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas

>Willis, Richard Storrs : It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1850

>Traditional, Christmas : Blessed Be That Maid Marie (English)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.

>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ :: The Shepherds' Farewell
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 10/1850-07/1854

>Grunenwald, Jean-Jacques : Nativité, for organ
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post-Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1921

>Traditional, Christmas : Sussex Carol ("On Christmas Night")
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post-Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1892

>Traditional, Christmas : Of the Father's heart begotten (A Christmas Procession)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1582

>Manz, Paul : E'en so, Lord Jesus, quickly come
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral

>Halls, David : Sing, O sing this blessed morn, for chorus & organ
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Kocher, Conrad : As With Gladness Men of Old
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Praetorious, Michael : Puer nobis nascitur, hymn
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1920

>Traditional, Christmas : The Lord at first did Adam make
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.

>Traditional, Christmas : Quelle est cette odeur agréable? (Whence is that goodly fragrance?) (French)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1717

>Traditional, German : A great and mighty wonder (Tune :: Es ist ein' Ros' entsprungen)
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Traditional, Christmas : Rejoice and Be Merry
  • Performers: Daniel Cook (Organ); Daniel Cook (Organ)
  • Conductor: David Halls
  • Notes: Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury, England (01/27/2009-01/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas