1 800 222 6872

Essential Ragtime / Joplin, Lamb, Turpin, Gershwin, et al. / Souter, Shields, pianos

Audio Samples

>Joplin, Scott : The Entertainer
>Joplin, Scott : Maple Leaf Rag
>Joplin, Scott : Harmony Club Waltz, for piano
>Joplin, Scott : Elite Syncopations
>Joplin, Scott : Bethena
>Joplin, Scott : Solace
>     A Mexican Serenade, for piano
>Turpin, Tom : Harlem Rag, for piano
>Hunter, Charles : Possum and Taters
>Lamb, Joseph : Bohemia Rag, for piano
>Joplin, Scott : Reflection Rag, syncopated musings for piano
>Matthews, Artie : Pastime Rag no 4
>Scott, James : Ragtime Oriole, for piano
>Hampton, Robert : Cataract Rag, for piano
>Gershwin, George : Rialto Ripples, rag for piano
>Roberts, Luckey : Pork and Beans, rag for piano
>Europe, James Reese : Castle House Rag
>Blake, Eubie : Troublesome Ivories

Album Summary

>Joplin, Scott : The Entertainer
>Joplin, Scott : Maple Leaf Rag
>Joplin, Scott : Harmony Club Waltz, for piano
>Joplin, Scott : Elite Syncopations
>Joplin, Scott : Bethena
>Joplin, Scott : Solace
>Turpin, Tom : Harlem Rag, for piano
>Hunter, Charles : Possum and Taters
>Lamb, Joseph : Bohemia Rag, for piano
>Joplin, Scott : Reflection Rag, syncopated musings for piano
>Matthews, Artie : Pastime Rag no 4
>Scott, James : Ragtime Oriole, for piano
>Hampton, Robert : Cataract Rag, for piano
>Gershwin, George : Rialto Ripples, rag for piano
>Roberts, Luckey : Pork and Beans, rag for piano
>Europe, James Reese : Castle House Rag
>Blake, Eubie : Troublesome Ivories
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Ragtime fun to get your fingers & toes a tappin'! Brilliant piano music by Joplin & other light-hearted American composers of the day. Highlights include the entertainer, maple leaf rag, solace, & elite syncopations all performed on American pianos of the period.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Joplin, Scott : The Entertainer
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Joplin, Scott : Maple Leaf Rag
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1899

>Joplin, Scott : Harmony Club Waltz, for piano
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1896

>Joplin, Scott : Elite Syncopations
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Joplin, Scott : Bethena
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1905

>Joplin, Scott : Solace :: A Mexican Serenade, for piano
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Turpin, Tom : Harlem Rag, for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1897

>Hunter, Charles : Possum and Taters
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Lamb, Joseph : Bohemia Rag, for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1919

>Joplin, Scott : Reflection Rag, syncopated musings for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: by 1918

>Matthews, Artie : Pastime Rag no 4
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Scott, James : Ragtime Oriole, for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Hampton, Robert : Cataract Rag, for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Gershwin, George : Rialto Ripples, rag for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1916

>Roberts, Luckey : Pork and Beans, rag for piano
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1913

>Europe, James Reese : Castle House Rag
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Blake, Eubie : Troublesome Ivories
  • Performer: Roger Shields (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern