- Gregory Bonfatti (Tenor)
- Nicolas Rivenq (Voice)
- Svetlana Sidorova (Voice)
- Emil Alekperov (Tenor)
- Iano Tamar (Soprano)
- Riccardo Novaro (Baritone)
- Raúl Giménez (Voice)
- Sonia Lee (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This sole available recording of Pacini's masterpiece L'Ultimo giorno di Pompei, unfolding quickly and tightly with exciting solo passages over a carefully written orchestral support, is indebted, thus, in its typology, to the Rossinian concertato before it was characterized by the emphatic lyricism of the 'thirties.
American Record Guide, March / April 2013
He composed more than 70. Most were effective, particularly this one. There is a lot of good music here - Rossianian. Tunes are abundant, with enough arias and duets to satisfy any diva or divo. This August 1996 recording makes a strong case for the opera. It's excellent. The singers give in to the excitement. Gimenez sails with ease through the high notes and the high tessitura, always pleasant of voice. Rivengq is a musically correct, dramatically perceptive Sallustio. The orchestra of the Teatro Bellini of Catania plays with more style and excitement than their choral colleagues.
Recording information: Martina Franca, Palazzo Ducale, Italy (08/24/1996).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPacini, Giovanni : L'Ultimo Giorno di Pompei, opera
- Performers: Gregory Bonfatti (Tenor); Nicolas Rivenq (Voice); Svetlana Sidorova (Voice); Emil Alekperov (Tenor); Iano Tamar (Soprano); Riccardo Novaro (Baritone); Raúl Giménez (Voice); Sonia Lee (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Giuliano Carella
- Ensemble: Orchestra of the Teatro Bellini of Cantania
- Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: circa 1825