- Gorecki — Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs": I. Lento (Sostenuto tranquillo ma cantabile)
- Gorecki — Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs": II. Lento e largo (Tranquilissimo - cantabilissimo - dolcissimo - legatissimo)
- Gorecki — Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs": III. Lento (Cantabile semplice)
- Joanna Kozlowska (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Gorecki's Third Symphony, subtitled 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs", caused a sensation in 1992 when it became a worldwide commercial and critical success, selling more than a million copies. Its "spiritual minimalism" struck a chord and put the Polish composer firmly on the map some 16 years after the work's composition. The words of the central movement are the opening to a prayer scratched on a cell wall by a Polish teenage girl while imprisoned during the Second World War.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Ravel: Piano Concertos; Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain / Alicia de Larrocha, piano
Elgar: Enigma Variations; Cello Concerto / Mischa Maisky, cello; Sinopoli, Philharmonia Orch.
Mozart: Clarinet Quintet, K.581; Weber: Clarinet Quintet, Op. 34 / Eduard Brunner, clarinet
Sibelius: Finlandia; Symphony No. 2 / Kamu, Karajan, Berlin PO
Violin Encores - Meditation; Salut d'Amour; Liebeslied et al. / Kyung Wha Chung; Joshua Bell; Nicola Benedetti
Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto No. 1; Symphony No. 4 / Vladimir Ashkenazy - London SO
Debussy: La Mer; Nocturnes; Afternoon of a Faun / Barenboim, Orchestre De Paris
Mozart: Flute & Harp Concerto; A Musical Joke; Six German Dances / Susan Palma, flute; Nancy Allen, harp; Orpheus Chamber Orchestra.
Saint-Saens: Organ Symphony; Piano Concerto No. 2 / Peter Hurford, organ; Pascal Rogé, piano
Works DetailsGorecki, Henryk M. : Symphony no 3, Op. 36 ("Symphony of Sorrowful Songs")
- Performer: Joanna Kozlowska (Soprano)
- Conductor: Kazimierz Kord
- Ensemble: Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 59 min. 2 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1976