- Robert Hage (Voice)
- Marjorie Wright (Soprano)
- Carlo Gaifa (Tenor)
- Olivera Miljakovic (Mezzo Soprano)
- Wolfgang Brendel (Baritone)
- Margaret Price
- Werner Hollweg (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
The composer himself thought this oratorio was one of his best works; his contemporaries held it in high esteem and it received more than 50 performances in ten years. Yet Schumann's The Paradise and the Peri is virtually unknown today. No doubt this recording, featuring one of the most renowned conductors of the 20th century, should spark renewed interest.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSchumann, Robert : Das Paradies und die Peri (Paradise and the Peri), for soloists, chorus & orchestra, Op. 50
- Performers: Margaret Price; Werner Hollweg (Tenor); Robert Hage (Voice); Marjorie Wright (Soprano); Carlo Gaifa (Tenor); Olivera Miljakovic (Mezzo Soprano); Wolfgang Brendel (Baritone)
- Conductor: Carlo Giulini
- Ensemble: Italian Radio Chorus Rome
- Running Time: 90 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1843