- Tchaikovsky — Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op. 64: I. Andante - Allegro con anima
- Tchaikovsky — Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op. 64: II. Andante cantabile, con alcuna licenza - Moderato con anima
- Tchaikovsky — Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op. 64: III. Valse: Allegro moderato $1.29 on iTunes
- Tchaikovsky — Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op. 64: IV. Finale: Andante maestoso - Allegro vivace
Notes & Reviews:
Valery Gergiev, born in Moscow in 1953, has enjoyed a series of critically acclaimed recordings during the past years, including his Russian opera recordings with the Kirov Opera and, more recently, his performance of Stravinsky's "Firebird". This is Gergiev's debut recording with the Vienna Philharmonic.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Mendelssohn: Octet; Beethoven: Septet / Vienna Octet
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture, etc; Beethoven / Dorati, et al
Prokofiev: Suites from Romeo and Juliet, etc
Eybler: Symphonies no 1& 2 / Hofstetter, et al
Vaughan Williams & Elgar: The Lark Ascending; Tallis Fantasia; Introduction & Allegro; In Moonlight / Pinkas Zukerman, violin; Royal Philharmonic Orch.
Works DetailsTchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 5 in E minor, Op. 64
- Conductor: Valery Gergiev
- Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 45 min. 41 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888